The problem is caused by multiple major dependencies and different release
cycles. Spark Geode Connector depends on two products: Spark and Geode (not
counting other dependencies), and Spark moves much faster than Geode, and
some features/code are not backward compatible.

Our initial connector implementation depends on Spark 1.2 in before the
last week of March 15. Then Spark 1.3 was released on the last week of
March, and some connector feature doesn't work with Spark 1.3, then we
moved on, and now support Spark 1.3 (but not 1.2 any more, we did create
tag). Two weeks ago, Spark 1.4 was released, and it breaks our connector
code again.

Therefore, for each Geode release, we probably need multiple Connector
releases, and probably need to maintain last 2 or 3 Connector releases, for
example, we need to support both Spark 1.3 and 1.4 with the current Geode
code.

The question is how to support this with single source repository?

Thanks,
Qihong