As I understand, they have been removed due to licensing issues. Before we
re-add the jar or add a possibility to include jars into the classpath, I
want to understand the reason. What was the exact licensing issue?

Do we have to make sure that we don't provide those jars in production? Or
is it necessary for tests as well?

For me, the solution would be something that I, as a developer, have to set
up one time only. Based on my current knowledge, it seems the ability to
add external jars to the classpath could be more comfortable if we cannot
provide the jars into the production.
The reason is that we need the jdbc driver at two places:
- for MiniHS2
- and in the conf directory, next to bin (to be able to easily use it for
schema tool, beeline and standalone metastore service).

On the other hand, I'm not completely sure if MiniHS2 as a test is the most
comfortable idea. In the long term, I would prefer to replace it with a run
script/configuration that runs Hive Server in a 'Mini' mode, for local
development purposes.

Thanks,
Zsolt

Stamatis Zampetakis <zabe...@gmail.com> ezt írta (időpont: 2023. aug. 22.,