Von: Stamatis Zampetakis <zabe...@gmail.com>
Datum: Dienstag, 19. September 2023 um 12:22
An: dev@hive.apache.org <dev@hive.apache.org>
Betreff: Re: Alternatives to dependency on hive-exec?
Hey Chris,

Keep in mind that the core jar was removed some time ago [1, 2] so in
new releases (4.0.0 onwards) it will not be there.
I am not sure what integration you are trying to establish but it
would be definitely easier if you opt for something lighter like the
JDBC API and the Hive JDBC driver.

Shading in hive-exec is a real pain point [3] but not an easy one to get rid of.

Best,
Stamatis

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread/yld75ltf9y8d9q3cow3xqlg0fqyj6mkg
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-25531