Hi all,

Sorry to chime in, I also have a same concern about using Iceberg with
Object storage.

One of my concerns with S3FileIO is getting tied too much to a single
> cloud provider. I'm wondering if an ObjectStoreFileIO would be helpful
> so that S3FileIO and (a future) GCSFileIO could share logic? I haven't
> looked deep enough into the S3FileIO to know how much logic is not s3
> specific. Maybe the FileIO interface is enough.

Now we have a S3 specific FileIO implementation, is it recommended to use
this one instead of s3a like HCFS implementation? Also each public cloud
provider has its own HCFS implementation for its own object storage. Are we
going to suggest to create a specific FileIO implementation or use the
existing HCFS implementation?

Thanks
Saisai

Daniel Weeks <dwe...@netflix.com.invalid> 于2020年11月13日周五 上午1:09写道: