Very cool. I am going to share this with another incubator project, I hope you
don’t mind!

________________________________
From: Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Sent: Tuesday, February 5, 2019 5:02 AM
To: dev@iotdb.apache.org
Subject: Interest in release documentation?

Hi all,

I know this is early, but you can never be early enough when it comes to
releasing.
We just had our first successful release of PLC4X by a release manager that was
not myself.
Intentionally I left him alone with only this documentation:

http://plc4x.apache.org/developers/release.html

And de succeeded, as he claimed: without any problems.

As I setup the IoTDB build structurally identical to that of PLC4X, this
documentation should also apply for IoTDB (Haven’t checked the details though).

Especially the handling of the Apache-Specialties might be interesting for all
of you, who haven’t done releases for Apache projects yet.

Chris