Hi all,

Skywalking community is discussing about only keeping self-implemented
storage layer.

IMO, I think it is not a bad decision to remove 3rd-part implementataion
from skywalking's main repo.  Because we can decide which version of
skywalking we can maintain according to the community developers' time.
However, IoTDB-skywalking integration has its meaning and we should keep to
maintain the integration.

The discussion is, where to put the integration to?

a new code repo like: apache/iotdb-skywalking-storage?
or into IoTDB's repo like apache/iotdb/skywalking?

[1] https://github.com/apache/skywalking/discussions/9059

Best,
Xiangdong Huang
School of Software, Tsinghua University