The PMC has discussed a fast-track release process.

Normally, a release has a 72 hour voting window.
This is ASF normal practice. It is not a hard requirement. [1]

To prepare for urgent security issues, we are recognizing that we should have a fast-track release process.

We still need 3 +1 and a majority and a reasonable chance for everyone to vote:

Process:

* Clearly marked in the VOTE email.
* Minimum of 24 hours.
* 3 votes + majority

Voting for a fast-track release is also agreeing to the release being done by this exceptional process.

    Andy

[1]
https://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html

says

"""
Release votes SHOULD remain open for at least 72 hours.
"""
(uppercase in the quoted text)