On 20/12/2022 16:44, Marco Neumann wrote:
The URL to Lateral Joins is broken
https://jena.apache.org/documentation/query/lateral-join.html

The web site is updated when the release happens after the VOTE.

It is on the "lateral-doc" branch at the moment.

But go to the SPARQL CG text.

Overall I think this is a good contribution but I am not happy with the
name "LATERAL join" as it implies SQL LATERAL join similarities. Can we
call this something else?

Such as?

---

It is not suddenly dropping into a release.
It is mentioned in email "Towards Jena 4.7.0"
It is https://github.com/apache/jena/issues/1615

And it says "This is an experimental feature."

VOTE threads are first and foremost about process.

---

This is a discussion for SPARQL CG:

https://github.com/w3c/sparql-12/issues/100
https://github.com/w3c/sparql-12/blob/main/SEP/SEP-0006/sep-0006.md

It's not what I might call a "join" (evaluate left and right arguments, then perform operation to combine the two sides) but SQL-terminolgy is often to call it a "join".

https://docs.snowflake.com/en/sql-reference/constructs/join-lateral.html
"""
for each row in left_hand_table LHT:
execute right_hand_subquery RHS using the values from the current row in the LHT
"""

    Andy

c.f. Oxigraph.

Thank you,