Hello all,

I would like to propose the following KIP to throw a new non-fatal exception whilst aborting transactions with non-flushed data. This will help users distinguish non-fatal errors and potentially retry the batch.

*Issue *- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-10186 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-10186>

*KIP *- https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-654:+Aborted+transaction+with+non-flushed+data+should+throw+a+non-fatal+exception <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-654:+Aborted+transaction+with+non-flushed+data+should+throw+a+non-fatal+exception>

Please let me know how best we can proceed with this.

-Gokul