From: dev@kafka.apache.org At: 07/06/22 04:44:59 UTC-4:00To:
dev@kafka.apache.org
Subject: [DISCUSS] KIP-848: The Next Generation of the Consumer Rebalance
Protocol

Hi all,

I would like to start a discussion thread on KIP-848: The Next
Generation of the Consumer Rebalance Protocol. With this KIP, we aim
to make the rebalance protocol (for consumers) more reliable, more
scalable, easier to implement for clients, and easier to debug for
operators.

The KIP is here: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/x/HhD1D.

Please take a look and let me know what you think.

Best,
David

PS: I will be away from July 18th to August 8th. That gives you a bit
of time to read and digest this long KIP.