While I understand the desire, I tend to agree with Ismael.

In general, it's a significant amount of work not just to do the actual releases, but also the cherry-pick bug-fixed to older branches. Code diverges very quickly, and a clean cherry-pick is usually only possible for one or two branches. And it's not just simple conflicts that are easy to resolve, but it often even implies to do a full new fix, if the corresponding code was refactored, what is more often the case than one might think.

If there is no very strong ask from the community, I would rather let committer spent their time reviewing PRs instead and help contributors to get the work merged.

Just my 2ct.

-Matthias