Hi Luke,

RC0 for 3.4.1 includes a fix for https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-14862. We recently discovered that tge fix itself introduces a regression. We have already a PR to fix-forward the regression: https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/13734

I think we should get the open PR merged, and back part not only to 3.5, but also to 3.4.1, and get a new RC for 3.4.1.

Thoughts?

-Matthias