Thanks for both of your feedback and time, I updated the rejected
alternative section in the KIP and opened a voting thread here
https://lists.apache.org/thread/cy04n445noyp0pqztlp8rk74crvhlrk7
I'll work on the PR in meanwhile so we are ready to go once we get 3
binding votes in order to get into 3.6 release.

Cheers
Omnia