Sorry, my bad (you can tell this is the first time one of my KIPs have made it
this far :))

From: dev@kafka.apache.org At: 07/26/23 10:38:21 UTC-4:00To:
dev@kafka.apache.org
Subject: Re: Apache Kafka 3.6.0 release

Hi Hector,

KIP-959 actually still requires 2 more binding votes to be accepted (
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Bylaws#Bylaws-Approvals).
The non-binding votes from people who aren't committers (including myself)
don't count towards the required lazy majority.

Thanks,
Yash

On Wed, Jul 26, 2023 at 7:35 PM Satish Duggana <satish.dugg...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Hector,
> Thanks for the update on KIP-959.
>
> ~Satish.
>
> On Wed, 26 Jul 2023 at 18:38, Hector Geraldino (BLOOMBERG/ 919 3RD A)
> <hgerald...@bloomberg.net> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Satish,
> >
> > I added KIP-959 [1] to the list. The KIP has received enough votes to
> pass, but I'm waiting the 72 hours before announcing the results. There's
> also a (small) PR with the implementation for this KIP that hopefully will
> get reviewed/merged soon.
> >
> > Best,
> >
> > [1]

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-959%3A+Add+BooleanConverte