Thanks for the KIP Alieh. Glad to see that we can add IQ to the new versioned stores!

Couple of questions:

single-key lookup with timestamp (upper) bound

Not sure if "bound" is the right term? In the end, it's a point lookup for a key plus timestamps, so it's an as-of timestamp (not a bound)? Of course, the returned record would most likely have a different (smaller) timestamp, but that's expected but does not make the passed in timestamp a "bound" IMHO?

single-key query with timestamp range
single-key all versions query

Should we also add `withLowerTimeBound` and `withUpperTimeBound` (similar to what `RangeQuery` has)?

Btw: I think we should not pass `long` for timestamps, but `Instance` types.

For time-range queries, do we iterate over the values in timestamp ascending order? If yes, the interface should specify it? Also, would it make sense to add reverse order (also ok to exclude and only do if there is demand in a follow up KIP; if not, please add to "Rejected alternatives" section).

Also, for time-range query, what are the exact bound for stuff we include? In the end, a value was a "valid range" (conceptually), so do we include a record if it's valid range overlaps the search time-range, or must it be fully included? Or would we only say, that the `validFrom` timestamp that is stored must be in the search range (what implies that the lower end would be a non-overlapping but "fully included" bound, while the upper end would be a overlapping bound).

For key-range / time-range queries: do we return the result in `<k,ts>` order or `<ts,k>` order? Also, what about reverse iterators?

About ` ValueIterator` -- think the JavaDocs have c&p error in it for `peekNextRecord` (also, should it be called `peekNextValue`? (Also some other JavaDocs seem to be incomplete and not describe all parameters?)

Thanks.

-Matthias