+1 (binding)

On 9/13/23 5:48 PM, Jason Gustafson wrote:
Hey Andrew,

+1 on the KIP. For many users of Kafka, it may not be fully understood how
much of a challenge client monitoring is. With tens of clients in a
cluster, it is already difficult to coordinate metrics collection. When
there are thousands of clients, and when the cluster operator has no
control over them, it is essentially impossible. For the fat clients that
we have, the lack of useful telemetry is a huge operational gap.
Consistency between clients has also been a major challenge. I think the
effort toward standardization in this KIP will have some positive impact
even in deployments which have effective client-side monitoring. Overall, I
think this proposal will provide a lot of value across the board.

Best,
Jason