Hi Roman,
Thanks for the KIP. I think it’s an interesting idea, but I think the KIP
document needs some
more details added before it’s ready for review. For example, here’s a KIP in
the same
area which was delivered in an earlier version of Kafka. I think this is a good
KIP to copy
for a suitable level of detail and description
(https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-585%3A+Filter+and+Conditional+SMTs).

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Andrew