Hi Arpit,

Thanks for the KIP!

I am not familiar with the necessity of producer snapshots, but your
explanation sounds like this should be made optional.

Can you expand the KIP to include the changes that need to be made to
the constructor and getter, and explain more about backwards
compatibility? From the description I can't tell if this change is
backwards-compatible or not.

Thanks,
Greg