Hello Kafka users, developers and client-developers,

This is the second candidate we are considering for the release of Apache
Kafka 3.6.2.

This is a bugfix release with several fixes, including dependency
version bumps for CVEs.

Release notes for the 3.6.2 release:
https://home.apache.org/~manikumar/kafka-3.6.2-rc2/RELEASE_NOTES.html

*** Please download, test and vote by by Wednesday, April 3rd

Kafka's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
https://kafka.apache.org/KEYS

* Release artifacts to be voted upon (source and binary):
https://home.apache.org/~manikumar/kafka-3.6.2-rc2/

* Maven artifacts to be voted upon:
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/kafka/

* Javadoc:
https://home.apache.org/~manikumar/kafka-3.6.2-rc2/javadoc/

* Tag to be voted upon (off 3.6 branch) is the 3.6.2 tag:
https://github.com/apache/kafka/releases/tag/3.6.2-rc2

* Documentation:
https://kafka.apache.org/36/documentation.html

* Protocol:
https://kafka.apache.org/36/protocol.html

* Successful Jenkins builds for the 3.6 branch:
Unit/integration tests:
https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Kafka/job/kafka/job/3.6/167/ (test
failures passed in local runs)
System tests: I will update system test results soon.

Thanks,
Manikumar