Hi Satish, I will try to answer as much as I can and the others could chime
in with further details.

*101. For remote.log.disable.policy=delete: Does it delete the remote log
data immediately and the data in remote storage will not be taken into
account by any replica? That means log-start-offset is moved to the earlier
local-log-start-offset.*
*Exactly. RemoteLogData will be deleted immediately. *
*So before the deletion starts we move LogStart offset to
LocalLogStartOffset to ensure that no RemoteLog will be accessed after that
point.*

* 102. Can we update the remote.log.disable.policy after tiered storage is
disabled on a topic?*

*This is a good point. I think we should not allow modifying this
configuration*
*because changing the policy from Deletion to Retain when there is an
ongoing Deletion will result in an undefined behaviour and where we retain
half of the remote log and delete the other half.*

* 103. Do we plan to add any metrics related to this feature?*

*Any recommendations?*
*We may emit a gauge showing the enablement state of a topic but we could
gather that info from the logs as well.*
*The total duration for remote topic deletion could be added as well but
this is more of a metric for the RemotePartitionRemover itself.*

*104. Please add configuration details about copier thread pool, expiration
thread pool and the migration of the existing
RemoteLogManagerScheduledThreadPool.*

*Will add the details.*

105. How is the behaviour with topic or partition deletion request
handled when tiered storage disablement request is still being
processed on a topic?

*If the disablement policy is Delete then a successive topic deletion
request is going to be a NOOP because RemoteLogs is already being deleted.*
*If the disablement policy is Retain, then we only moved the LogStartOffset
and didn't touch RemoteLogs anyway, so the delete topic request will result*

*in the initiation of RemoteLog deletion.*