Hi everyone,

Based on some offline discussion, I've split out the "Atomic Checkpointing"
section from KIP-892: Transactional Semantics for StateStores, into its own
KIP

KIP-1035: StateStore managed changelog offsets
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-1035%3A+StateStore+managed+changelog+offsets

While KIP-892 was adopted *with* the changes outlined in KIP-1035, these
changes were always the most contentious part, and continued to spur
discussion even after KIP-892 was adopted.

All the changes introduced in KIP-1035 have been removed from KIP-892, and
a hard dependency on KIP-1035 has been added to KIP-892 in their place.

I'm hopeful that with some more focus on this set of changes, we can
deliver something that we're all happy with.

Regards,
Nick