Hi,

It looks like some of the SecurityManager APIs are starting to be
removed in JDK 23, see
- https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8296244
- https://github.com/quarkusio/quarkus/issues/39634

JDK 23 is currently planned for September 2024.
Considering the timelines and that we only drop support for Java
versions in major Kafka releases, I think the proposed approach of
detecting the APIs to use makes sense.

Thanks,
Mickael