Thanks Igor for the suggestions. I updated the KIP with some of them.

> s/recored's offset/recorded offsets
I actually mean record’s offset and not recorded offset. MirrorSourceConnector
store the offset of the committed record on the destination cluster in an
internal topic.

> 12. The use of the word "customers" seems a bit odd to me in this context.
> Did you perhaps mean one of "use-cases", "users" or "operators”?
Changed this to use-cases

> 13. "They still left with part#1 of this feature which add cost to
> the progress of their replication."
> I'm unsure what this means. Do you mean to say that
> MirrorCheckpointConnector is disabled but MirrorSourceConnector is not?
> Could you also clarify where the additional cost comes from?
Yes currently MM2 can disable step 2 of this feature by not running
MirrorCheckpointConnector or by disabling emit.checkpoints.enabled  and
sync.group.offsets.enabled  however as long as MirrorSourceConnector is running
this 1st step of the feature will never be disabled and this feature is costing
1. Create internal topic 2. Latency as we need to produce/queue translated
offsets
> 14. This is probably more ignorance of mine: it doesn't seem obvious in
> the KIP how increasing offset.lag.max  to INT_MAX helps reduce latency.

Based on my knowledge and understanding, offset.lag.max controls the size of
queued offsets to be synced which are stored in `pendingOffsetSyncs`. Then
1. MM2 will try to send these periodically in `commitRecord` using
"MirrorSourceTask ::firePendingOffsetSyncs”. However any as `commitRecord`
isn’t blocker then any failed offset sync will be skipped.
2. To fix this then in `commit` the connector which is a blocker method will
retry publish any skipped offsets.

Now If we sit  offset.lag.max  to high value then translated queued offset
wouldn’t be considered stale and as a result wouldn’t be added to
`pendingOffsetSyncs` which what `firePendingOffsetSyncs` will try to commit.
Hope this clarify it.