Hi Aaron,

Thanks for publishing this KIP after the feedback on your PR. I'm generally
in favor but have a few questions:

1) Is the consumer mentioned in the KIP the one constructed by the
MirrorSourceConnector for polling replicated records from the source
cluster? If yes, are there any other consumers for which it would also make
sense to disable automatic topic creation?

2) Is broker-side automatic topic creation enabled intentionally in your
source cluster? I know that it is by default but in my experience it's
highly unusual to see it enabled in prod.

3) In that same vein, can you add disabling automatic topic creation
broker-side (setting "auto.create.topics.enable" to "false" in your broker
config(s)) as another rejected alternative? This is useful because it
provides a workaround for users running existing versions of MM2 that don't
have the changes proposed by your KIP.

4) Can you also provide the exact configuration changes that would be
required for the currently-mentioned rejected alternative ("An alternative
solution is to disable this option manually,"), which presumably refers to
altering the configuration of MM2 to manually force the changes to its
consumer(s) that this KIP proposes be applied by default? Again, this is
useful as documentation of a workaround for users running existing versions
of MM2.

Thanks again for the KIP!

Cheers,

Chris