Hi folks,
I've been working with the standalone kafka for quite a while now and been
debugging a problem I'm having when deploying new connectors (using the PUT
method but it happens in the POST as well).

I get a 500 timeout whenever I try to create a new connector. It looks to me
like the lambda callback is being called but disappears into a blackhole. So,
the original caller - ConnectorsResources.java never gets notified and so
times-out.

The herder never calls back...

herder.putConnectorConfig(connector, connectorConfig, true, cb);

or rather the callback does get #onComplete() called in the doTransition method
of the connectorworker but the callback disappears - it never seems to work.

I'm left wondering if the nested lambda calling is losing the memory somehow
and this could be a classloading issue somewhere that is somehow losing the
context of the original lambda?

Has this been seen before?

I've seen a few posts (not in kakfa) where lambda calls fails to callback if
there are still threads running in the call itself. From what I can see there
are plenty of threads still running in the call
I'm using a 21 microsoft OpenJDK JRE but it also fails with IBMs version.

Our project is dependent on using the kakfa standalone so I need to get this to
work.

Thanks for your thoughts,
John.

John Hawkins