Thanks Sophie. My bad. You are of course right about `TaskAssignment` and the StreamsPartitionAssignor's responsibitliy to map tasks of a instance to consumers. When I wrote my reply, I forgot about this detail.

Seems you did not add `UNKNOWN_TASK_ID` error yet as proposed by Guozhang?

Otherwise LGTM.

-Matthias