Hey,

Took a look at the ticket and left a comment. Seems like narrowing down
which versions this affects is a good first step, after that I'm happy to
help you understand the code and put together a fix if you're willing. I'd
recommend starting out by going through the "constrainedAssign" method to
familiarize yourself with what it's trying to do, and what condition is
being violated.

 We can continue the discussion on the ticket though

Cheers,
Sophie