FWIW I think that the low blast radius for KIP-1028 should allow it to
proceed without adhering to the usual KIP and feature freeze dates. Code
freeze is probably worth still  respecting, at least if changes are
required to the docker/jvm/Dockerfile. But I defer to Josep's judgement as
the release manager.