While trying to submit a reviewboard request by running kafka-patch-review,
I was getting some errors which do not make any sense. The error claims
that a file did not exist in the repository but it did. Here is the error:

1. How the problems look like:
        tong@u1404:/opt/stack/kafka$ python kafka-patch-review.py -b
origin/trunk -j KAFKA-1926
        Configuring reviewboard url to https://reviews.apache.org
        Updating your remote branches to pull the latest changes
        Verifying JIRA connection configurations
        ERROR: Error validating diff

        core/src/main/scala/kafka/utils/Utils.scala: The file was not found
in the repository. (HTTP 400, API Error 207)
        ERROR: reviewboard update failed. Exiting.

2. Struggled a lot trying to figure out what the problem was. after tons of
googling, I decided to upgrading python-rbtools

        tong@u1404:/opt/stack/kafka$ sudo apt-get install python-rbtools
        Reading package lists... Done
        Building dependency tree
        Reading state information... Done
          python-rbtools
        0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 163 not upgraded.
        Need to get 48.6 kB of archives.
        After this operation, 269 kB of additional disk space will be used.
        Get:1 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty/universe
python-rbtools all 0.3.4-1 [48.6 kB]
        Fetched 48.6 kB in 3s (13.3 kB/s)
        Selecting previously unselected package python-rbtools.
        (Reading database ... 57284 files and directories currently
installed.)
        Preparing to unpack .../python-rbtools_0.3.4-1_all.deb ...
        Unpacking python-rbtools (0.3.4-1) ...
        Processing triggers for man-db (2.6.7.1-1) ...
        Setting up python-rbtools (0.3.4-1) ...

3. Tried to run patch-review again. But the command stuck and seemed to me
it waits for some credentials. and it completely ignored the jira.ini file
4. Tried the command again, and it successfully posted patchset and updated
the jira issue after I blindly type in my user name, then provided
password:

        tong@u1404:/opt/stack/kafka$ python kafka-patch-review.py -b
origin/trunk -j KAFKA-1926
        tongli
        Password:
        Configuring reviewboard url to https://reviews.apache.org
        Updating your remote branches to pull the latest changes
        Verifying JIRA connection configurations
        Review request #31844 posted.

        https://reviews.apache.org/r/31844/

        Creating diff against origin/trunk and uploading patch to JIRA
KAFKA-1926
        Created a new reviewboard https://reviews.apache.org/r/31844/
5. it may be good to revisit the kafka-patch-review.py and see why it
ignores the jira.ini file.

When I posted the problem few days ago, I got no response from anyone, I
thought this maybe a problem that other may not have encountered. sending
to the mailing list in case anyone else stumbles on the same issue.

cheers.

Tong Li
OpenStack & Kafka Community Development
Building 501/B205