Hi,

Thanks for your comments.

@Ted

API is given without much javadoc on the role / meaning of method
> parameters.

- I thought they are self-explanatory but I will add some more comments in
the document.

@Matthias

 - how does this relate to `KStream#through()` ?

- The main difference between `KStream#through()` and this KIP is that
the repartition
topic should be created manually (when using `KStream#through()`). However,
it is better if we can handle some part of manual work transparent to the
user.
I thought to add this functionality to `Produced`. However, there was some
conceptual issues.

In all `KStream#through()` method overloads, we state that topics should be
created manually. If we overload another `KStream#through()` method (say,
with different parameters) saying the topic name/partitions is up to the
user, this might seem weird.
Either we can enlarge the scope of `KStream#through()`  or we create new
overloads and keep both (`KStream#through()` and RepartitionHint) of them.

Cheers,
Jeyhun