Ah yes, I recall it all now. That answers that question as to why I had
caching disabled. I can certainly re-enable it since I believe the main
concern was simply about reconciling those two iterators. A lack of
knowledge there on my part.

Thank you John for weighing in - we certainly both do appreciate it. I
think that John hits it on the head though with his comment of "If it turns
out we're wrong about this, then it should be possible to fix the semantics
in place, without messing with the API."

If anyone else would like to weigh in, your thoughts would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks