@Matthias J. Sax <matth...@confluent.io> - Thoughts on the semantics of
simply leaving it as-is, with the extra tombstones? As John put it: "It may
be unnecessary to "delete" a
non-existant record from a view, but it's never incorrect."

It may not be ideal, but the complexity of eliminating it seems to be high
and frankly I don't have any better ideas at the moment.

Unless you strongly object, I think we'll have to move forward with it
as-is. There is still time to come up with another solution before I
*hopefully* get this into 2.4, but in the meantime I'll look to continue on
otherwise.

Adam