Hi all,

It seems that we are finally ready to conclude the migration to Quarkus 3 and
the jakarta namespace. We're about to merge some last fixes in these hours, so
the plan is to wait the next nightly build and target tomorrow morning to start
finalizing the migration.

In particular what we will do is the following:

1. Branching the current mains to 8.x for Drools and 1.x for Kogito projects,
so we will still be able to create minor releases using Quarkus 2 and the old
javax namespace from them if required.
2. Turn the current feature branches on which we are developing the migration
(quarkus-3.2LTS) into proper pull requests.
3. Let CI to run them and merge.

After this we will need to prepare the new migrated main for the next major
release that as agreed will be 10.0.0 for all projects. On this regard we will
bump all projects to a newer snapshot version, but instead of starting with
10.0.0-SNAPSHOT and then having to change it at every release, as we have done
so far, it has been proposed of using a dummy placeholder, like 999-SNAPSHOT
and keep it fixed forever. Quarkus already successfully follows exactly the
same schema.

Please let me know asap if you have anything against this proposal.

Thanks,
Mario