Hi,

A colleague of me has a word list for Tajik with at least 8,000 words. He wants to make that list available for use within a word processor and wasn't very successful with MsWord. That's why he asked me about Openoffice.

From the information that we found in the archives, it seemed to us that MySpell wouldn't support all the Tajik characters, but that Hunspell does. I downloaded and installed Hunspell under Windows XP and got it to work with Uzbek, so that looks promising.

We now have two questions:

1. What would be the best way to change the word list into a format that can be used by Hunspell?

2. Currently, Tajik (only 6 million native speakers) is not a language that is selectable in the list of default languages. Once we have the dictionary, would it be possible to add it?

I understand that these questions are pretty basic, but we've never had to make a dictionary for an Office suite before so I hope that you can help us.

All the best,

Erik