I don't think there are any rules other than common sense - Lucene is used
in so many different environments and subprojects that any dependency will
eventually create a headache and a conflict. So no dependencies at all is
great, if it can be achieved. If it's just one or two classes we care about
then perhaps just moving them over is sufficient? Since we already have a
HPPC dependency in another module, perhaps it's ok to propagate it to other
modules? I'm not really sure how much impact it'll have downstream.

D.