The fastest way to get Java binding is through building Java native
wrappers on Scala package.
Disadvantages would be:
   * *Bloated library size: *May not be suitable for users planning to use
Java APIs in Android of such smaller systems.
   * *Performance:* Performance may not be as good as building directly
over JNI and implementing ground up. For example, taking NDArray dimensions
as Java ArrayList then converting it to Scala Seq to adapt for Scala
NDArray API and more such adapters.

However, building ground up from JNI would be a huge effort without
actually getting feedback from users early.

*My Plan:*
1. Build Java interface on top of Scala package.
2. Get early feedback from users. It may turn out Java is not a great
candidate for DL training jobs.
3. Solidify the interface (APIs) for Java users.
4. Do performance benchmarks to see Scala Native / Java interface. This
gives us comparable numbers on performance in Java.
5. Over a period of time replace underlying Scala usage with JNI base and
native Java implementation. Provided feedback from users is positive.

Comments/Suggestion?

Regards,
Sandeep

Sandeep Krishnamurthy