Hi,

after the recent discussion about the Farsi (Persian) spellchecker on
the native-lang list I decided to try out some things. Basically I
want to create a hunspell dictionary for Kurdish with Arabic script,
which is in a lot of ways similar to Farsi. But I ran into some
problems.

I could not get any affix working. I tried a lot of different things,
nothing worked. I am familiar with the concept of affixes in
MySpell/Hunspell, so my question is:

Has ANYbody EVER got affixes working in a right-to-left language with
Hunspell in UTF-8? Or has anybody an idea whether it should work or
not?

I have not found any example. Farsi has just a plain wordlist, Hebrew
is not UTF-8. I haven't seen an Arabic Hunspell dictionary anywhere
around. And my own Kurdish/Sorani affix file stubbornly refuses to
work.

Regards,
Erdal