Dana Čet, 22 Jul, 2010 00:23 , Bernhard Dippold je napisao/la

> I know that some of the native-lang projects combined the old logo with
> their ISO code in this way - and Sophie and Cor mentioned on the branding
> list their strong support for keeping this possibility.

As you probably already know Serbian native lang project is using both
modified orb symbol and a logo with project prefix. Example can be seen at
our official Facebook page: http://facebook.com/sropenoffice

I believe such modification is required to give native-lang projects
identity while still keeping strong OpenOffice.org brand recognition.

This identity help us drive native lang users to http://sr.openoffice.org
web page, site that is definitely not easy to find if you go to our main
web site.

> Do you think such a logo is not only a "nice-to-have", but an important
> identification and marketing topic for your native-lang community
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/File:NLC_logo_proposal.png ?

+1

> Would it be enough to use the project's name below the unchanged logo as
> reference for the N-L projects (here two different drafts for the
> marketing and the francophone project)
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/File:Subline_proposal.png
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/File:Example-logo-nlc-with-line.p
> ng

While I see this as good solution for accepted projects, native-lang
projects could have an issue with implementing this.

If we go for a English project title, like "Serbian Native-Lang Project"
it does not fill right to translate the product, but not the project name.

If we go with localized project title we would need two official logos,
one on Serbian Latin and other on Serbian Cyrillic. The other will mix
latin script in "OpenOffice.org" title and cyrillic script below the line
making a strong issue with typography.

http://dodaj.rs/f/3c/yW/SFg4ZIt/example-logo-nlc-with-li.png

I find the other proposal (NLC_logo_proposal.png) much more consistent and
pleasing.

> Or should we only have an area for native-lang content with the reduced
> whitespace at the side of the logo like Rosana proposed (with or without a
> textual area used here for the OOoCon description):
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Branding_Initiative/branding_gui
> delines_draft#Proposal_for_Conference_and_seasonal_Logos

I have no idea what we should use as a language symbol, what what I know,
like in Francophone Project in Serbian project we could not use a country
flag for this. This logo is also too large to be recognizable when used as
avatar or Facebook fan page logo mentioned above.

Thank you for your time and involvement.

Kind regards,
Goran Rakic