Hi All,

Such an event (not exactly but similarly) was also happened to Mambo
when the management fights with the community.

Here, in this case, it seems Oracle is not clearly understand how to
handle community projects.

They shows their lack of understanding on Open Source & Community
development issues by taking legal action against Google on use of
Java at Android.

Anyway, I wish someone @ Oracle can make things clear to the top
management and figure things out to work with the community. But
people @ Oracle should keep in mind that OpenOffice, Java & MySQL are
mainly developed by the help of community not by the people they
employ.

I am looking towards a day when LibreOffice & OpenOffice can become
one and Community & Oracle will collaborate for the society.

Wunna Ko Ko
Project Lead
Burmese Lang Project
my.openoffice.org

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 7:13 PM, Florian Effenberger
<flo...@openoffice.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Jean-Baptiste Faure wrote on 2010-10-16 00.49:
>>
>> I am shocked by what I have read in the minutes of the last Community
>> Council.
>> The minutes are there :
>>
>> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Community_Council_Log_20101014#Community_Council_Session
>> It is about to force the members of the Community Council which are also
>> member of the Document Foundation, to leave their seat at the Community
>> Council under the pretext of an alleged conflict of interest.
>
> to be precisely, it obviously affects not only the members of the Community
> Council, but everyone who has a representing role in the Community.
>
> If I understood it correctly, it also affects Charles, me (being at least
> temporarily not on duty, cf. my mail from a few days ago), and probably
> everyone else who speaks in public on behalf of OpenOffice.org.
>
> After I temporarily gave up on the role of the Marketing Budget Holder, all
> the authorizers have been removed by the treasurer as well, although they
> did not suspend their roles neither permanently nor temporarily:
> http://council.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=budget&msgNo=255
>
> Hopefully the chat between Cor and Martin will clarify some things, but
> looking at the current status, it looks pretty much like a lot of people
> will not be eligible, so to say, to speak on behalf of OpenOffice.org
> anymore.
>
> Florian

Wunna Ko