I will be very happy to read what others contribute. Chris' suggestion, which has huge implications, I think, for my IDE and project structure, will be something to look into.

However, I was hoping someone would articulate the difference between *property names* and *property display names*, which of the two can be changed without invalidating the processor when simply replaced with the new one, etc. I have read a lot about this topic, but I'm still confused. Is display name supposed to be what shows up in the UI? Can it be changed without screwing up the processor? Is it the name that can be fixed? Which is the safe thing to modify?

I was hoping for some advice on taking quantum leaps (such as Chris discussed), but also on baby steps that must have been more common back in the days before processor versioning was supported.