Very well, I have decided to force customer flowfiles through this processor (I did check out the /Listen/* processors, but chose this easier solution). This now works. However,

It brings up another question: is this the most efficient way to pass flowfiles straight through this processor (we're not processing them in any way), or is there a batching technique that's faster, etc. I want this to be straight-through, no back-pressure, throttling or influencing their passage whatsoever (because I didn't want them coming through in the first place). It should be ask if this processor weren't there.

Thanks for any and all thoughts on this.

public class HumanReadables extends AbstractProcessor{private boolean propertyModified = false;@Override public void onTrigger( final ProcessContext context, final ProcessSession session ) throws ProcessException{FlowFile flowfile = session.get();if( propertyModified ){propertyModified = false;// record effects of changed properties...}if( nonNull( flowfile ) )session.transfer( flowfile, SUCCESS );}...@Override public void onPropertyModified( final PropertyDescriptor descriptor, final String oldValue, final String newValue ){propertyModified = true;}