I appreciate the responses. I will try out the canonical /StandardSSLContextService/ first (since that's what I am using with Kafka), then imitate the other sample depending.

However, where/how do I install the certificates I'll be given for use? I would expect something for certain representing the third-party service in a truststore and maybe another (a private key) in a keystore.