One of the points I would like some clarification on is in the article
defending ASF by Andrew C. Oliver: http://www.infoworld.com/print/225555

In it, he wrote: "Nearly all of the very active Apache OpenOffice
developers work for IBM directly or indirectly."

Can someone explain more about this? For example, is there a table showing
who everyone works for? From that, one could make a chart showing how many
of the code changes in AOO were made by various companies. LibreOffice
publishes such charts:
http://documentfoundation.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/developers6.jpg From
my research, I'd guess AOO 4 was at least 80% IBM, but I've not been able
to find out information on several people so it is an estimate.

In addition to regularly posting information about the number of user
downloads, it would be great to regularly post a chart that shows the
diversity of the code contributors. Everyone who is a volunteer is allowed
to choose which community they'd like to join and this would give them
important information. I know there are IBM employees all over the place
working on release management, QA, and other areas, but just knowing
diversity about code changes would be useful.

If it were 90+% IBM, they could end the fork very quickly. The remaining
10% would probably move, but even if they didn't, it would still be much
better. Ending this fork is one of the best things that could happen to
free software today. As a former Microsoft Office programmer, I can state
that this fork benefits them immensely, helping both Office and Windows. I
realize that no one here wants to help Microsoft, but it is an "unintended
consequence." If I still rooted for Microsoft, I would be laughing at the
incompetence because it indirectly gives them billions of dollars. As I
root for Linux now, I find it sad because it is a lot more work to build
two communities and brands: http://keithcu.com/wordpress/?p=3163

-Keith