Hiya,
Have looked at the link and I'm sorry but just not able to sort this out. As I
said, I'm not an expert and do not follow most of the terminology.
That said, I'm most grateful to you guys for taking the time to help, thanks.
Guess I'd better just get the pencil sharpener out.
Thanks once again,

Mike

On Sunday, 20 October 2013, 13:09, Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie> wrote:

On Sun, 20 Oct 2013 11:03:07 +0100 (BST)

Michael Cleary <ringolum...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Good morning,
>
> As I was invited to upgrade to version 4.1, I did so. I am not a computer
> expert and struggle with the formulae on my homemade banking spread sheets
> but as they were functioning perfectly well before and now every cell shows
> an error 509.
>
> I have spent 2 hours this morning which I really can't afford, and I know I
> should try harder but frustration (and bad temper) is setting in, so can you
> please advise me as to what has caused (and the remedy please) these very
> simple formulae to now be incorrect as they were previously fine. They are
> very basic arithmetic formulae, nothing complex at all.
>
> Sorry to be a pain,
>
> Very frustrated,
>
> Mike Cleary

If this is happening with all formulae it is worth trying the universal (first
case) OpenOffice cure for oddities, namely to delete or rename the User Profile
http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=12426

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie