Thanks, Patricia,

[ ... ]
> What is the best guide to building AOO on Windows 8?
>
> I started with
> https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide/Building_o
> n_Windows,
> but hit some issues and want to make sure I'm using the right guide.
[orcmid]

There may be additional information.  The easiest way is to find out exactly
what the build parameters were  for the 4.1.2 release (which should be in the
source code archive for that release).

Then there might be adjustments for building from the SVN trunk.

That is what I would attempt myself.  Expert developers who built the Windows
versions can say more about what works to get a build that matches what is used
for a distribution (and a debugging-build equivalent).

 - Dennis