On Sat, Apr 27, 2024 at 4:46 PM Dave Fisher <w...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Arrigo,
>
> With this change do we eliminate all dependencies on Apache APR?
>
> Best,
> Dave

Yes. The ucb WebDAV module was their only user, so using Curl as the
HTTP(S) library, allowed apr, apr-util and serf to be removed as
dependencies. The total size of the AOO binaries decreased by about 0.5%.

Curl has also turned out to be a lovely library, permissively licensed,
easy to build, exceptionally well documented, integrates well with OpenSSL,
and easy to upgrade. In cases where we needed to understand some internal
details, the Curl code was well structured and easy to understand.

Regards
Damjan