On Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 3:13 PM, Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)
<ldeff...@homeside.to> wrote:
> I'm running Osmosis Version 0.34 to pull and apply minutely updates to my
> database for use by mod_tile/renderd.  These updates began failing today
> with the following information:
>
> Feb 9, 2013 4:01:01 PM org.openstreetmap.osmosis.core.Osmosis run
> INFO: Osmosis Version 0.34
>
> SEVERE: Thread for task 1-read-replication-interval failed
> org.openstreetmap.osmosis.core.OsmosisRuntimeException: Cannot represent
> 2147483648 as an integer.
>         at
> org.openstreetmap.osmosis.core.util.LongAsInt.longToInt(LongAsInt.java:33)
>         at
> org.openstreetmap.osmosis.core.domain.v0_6.CommonEntityData.init(CommonEntityData.java:142)
>
> I suspect I need to updated Osmosis which was originally installed from the
> instructions at
>
> http://switch2osm.org/serving-tiles/building-a-tile-server-from-packages/
>
> which installs osmosis with the command
>
> sudo apt-get install osmosis
>
> Any hints on the command to update osmosis?  I'm a *nix newbie, but very
> good at following cookbooks and instructions.

I found http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Osmosis to be
straightforward enough to get the job done.  Here are the details:

    $ wget http://bretth.dev.openstreetmap.org/osmosis-build/osmosis-latest.tgz
    $ tar xvf osmosis-latest.tgz
    $ cd osmosis-*/
    $ cp -ra bin lib ~

Make sure ~/bin is in your PATH:

    $ export PATH=~/bin:$PATH

Now check that you can successfully run the right osmosis:

    $ which osmosis
    /home/yourname/bin/osmosis
    $ osmosis --help

You also may wish to configure osmosis to run with more memory by
default.  I set mine to use 16GB.

    $ echo 'JAVACMD_OPTIONS="-Xmx16G -server"' > ~/.osmosis

Ciao,
Brian