Btw, the version of dpdk I am using is 16.04.

Best Regards,
Alex

-----Original Message-----
From: dev [mailto:dev-boun...@openvswitch.org] On Behalf Of Wang, Alex
Sent: Monday, June 20, 2016 10:52 AM
To: 'dev@openvswitch.org' <dev@openvswitch.org>
Subject: [ovs-dev] [dpdk-ovs] Memory allocation error while trying to add a
dpdk mode port to ovs bridge

Hi There,

I downloaded the master branch from github and tried to setup OVS with DPDK
mode under Ubuntu16.04 kernel_4.4.0-21-generic. However I encountered below
error while I was trying to add a dpdk port to the OVS bridge.

Error messages:
root@unassigned-hostname:/opt/APP/utility/dpdk-16.04/tools# ovs-vsctl add-br
br0 -- set bridge br0 datapath_type=netdev
root@unassigned-hostname:/opt/APP/utility/dpdk-16.04/tools# ovs-vsctl add-port
br0 dpdk0 -- set Interface dpdk0 type=dpdk
ovs-vsctl: Error detected while setting up 'dpdk0'.  See ovs-vswitchd log for
detail root@unassigned-hostname:/home/pid# ovs-vsctl show
f8269232-4bf8-455b-9b34-e9c646905782
    Bridge "br0"
        Port "dpdk0"
            Interface "dpdk0"
                type: dpdk
                error: "could not open network device dpdk0 (Cannot allocate
memory)"
        Port "br0"
            Interface "br0"
                type: internal

I followed the
INSTALL.DPDK.md<https://github.com/openvswitch/ovs/blob/master/INSTALL.DPDK.md>
but this error was consistently hit on Ubuntu16.04. Previously we tried OVS on
Ubuntu14.04 but it looked fine without this failure. Did you see any similar
error on your side or any comments about the failure?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best Regards,
Alex