We should definitely have the source release on
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/

We are voting for source release (and the git tag) - binaries are for
convenience.

Von, can you clarify the final package name inline? I think you are looking
at the artifact ID not a package name?

On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 6:09 PM vongosling <fengji...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd love to vote +1, but after I've looked at this release, I'm sorry, I
> have to vote  -1. This is just the early stage of release, and I think we
> have the ability to smooth the release standardization process for apache.
> Here, I'll point out some of the issues I've identified:
>
> 1. The recommended name of the GitHub tag is 1.0.0-rc1(rc2, rc3...). This
> allows you to trace the number of times before a successful release.
> 2. The source code tarball needs to be uploaded to the Apache dist
> repository [1] instead of the Stage repository.
> 3. You are advised to use the Apache email address instead of
> ja...@asu.edu
> for GPG signatures.
> 4. It is recommended that the final package name be
> sedona-core_2.11-incubing instead of [1]. You must have at least src
> distribution. Use the sha512 signature.

Can you clarify? The link below is broken, and I’m not sure which you are
referencing.