>>>This is not possible when the app is running. Yarn does have a support
for
that. You need to stop the application and then modify the values. After
topping the application you need to edit the "resources.json" file in HDFS
to modify the value
(e.g. ./user/USER1/slider/cluster/CLUSTER1/resources.json).

This is fine. I don't need to change this at run time, but I don't want to
recreate either. Can I just stop, edit and start the application again with
new properties been picked up?

>>>If you stop and then start (probably it is "freeze" and "thaw" in 0.40)
the
application then it will use the hostnames that it remembered.

What if I use *yarn  application -kill* to stop the application?